December 8, 2008

Return, return

I just got back from a six day visit in Knoxville, TN where my parents and some siblings live. This was the first trip back there from my new home in Colorado. Of course I enjoyed the time I had with my parents and additional family members, but it was also a bit gloomy there, thanks mostly to the weather. I took my camera but did not take any pictures because I felt so little inspiration to do so. I suppose the most exciting part of the trip was my dinner invitation from an old friend from high school. Kim Trail-Hughes invited me over to meet her hubby Bob and to also visit with her sister Karen who was a few years younger than us. It was great to hang out with them in their kitchen and talk about other friends, old times, new times, and in between times. Bob cooks a mean steak and chicken so I hope I behaved well enough to get invited back!

As far as my feelings about the trip I can only say I feel a bit mixed and sad. I'm not sure why, but I am glad to be back in my Colorado home. For now I will chalk it up to the stereotypical dreary weather of East Tennessee in the winter.

No comments: